Indica Books has created its privacy statement in order to put forward our firm commitment to privacy. The following document discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices of our store. We assure protection of your privacy. Kindly note that this policy is for Indica Books’ website only and does not apply to any other third-party websites that are linked to from our website. For more details, kindly check the privacy policies on those websites.
- Collection of device data
In order to use the Indica Books’ website, we track and collect the following information in order to provide a customised and efficient experience:
- We collect your IP address to detect the country location, so as to provide connection specific to your location.
- We recognise the need for consumers to control the use and management of their personal information, which might be, a physical address, email id, personal id number, or a phone number.
- We make sure to let our customers know if there have been any technical difficulties from our end. Unless we are tracking down such issues or we suspect illegal/fraudulent behaviour, we do not trace specific user sessions.
- Usage of personal information
Indica Books will only use the personal information that has been provided by you so that we can provide various services to your account. Keep a note that we may have the need to transfer that information to our employees or our service providers.
- We guarantee that there is no selling or trading of your information to any unrelated third parties.
- Whenever there is a submission of an order by you, you will receive an email confirmation from our system. All communication and confirmation work will be done via email to provide maximum security.
- The website may send you notifications via email in order to improve our service to you.
- We may also send you email notifications of our products or services periodically. However, any such notification will have instructions for unsubscribing of future mailings.
- Usage of cookies
As mentioned earlier, tracking down IP addresses is done only to improve services that we have curated for you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
- Control of Information:
Your customer profile will be available and visible to you at all times. If you wish to change any information, you can do so by going to your profile and updating it there. If you face any technical difficulties, feel free to mail us and post your query and we will resolve it at the earliest.
- Security and Confidentiality:
We at Indica Books take maximum measures to make sure that your information is protected and not tampered with. On our website we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting your personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. It is our responsibility to guarantee you protection of your personal information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
- Changes in this Privacy Statement
Should we decide to make any changes to our privacy statement, we will update those changes to this privacy statement, the home page, and other places to make sure that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. If we make material changes to this statement, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the change becoming effective.
- Lastly, if you have any queries or doubts regarding any of these policies, feel free to drop in a mail and we will connect with you at the earliest.